Monday, July 12, 2010

weeds.

let's be honest... I am new to gardening. I have attempted flowers and plants in pots in the past... however, with our fun new house I thought, HOW PERFECT I will plant flowers! "Dad boat shoes" was a great initial teacher... my mom or "mom flip flops" continued the lessons and then I was on my own.

Well ... the flowers have survived. However, I did not learn enough about weeds. Nor did I learn about vines and how quickly they grow!

Yesterday, two favorite gals were over and when we walked outside, Meaghan states, "Whoa, flip flops, you have some work to do!" As I started asking questions, everyone began weeding! We all just leaned over the disaster of weeds and started pulling! Before we knew it... 30 minutes had past and the bed of flowers was looking glorious once again! Well after Meaghan and Rob said their goodbyes, Kate and I continued for at least an hour. Neither one of us knew that her afternoon in the suburbs would be spent weeding in my garden! However, with that said, I now understand why girlfriends get together to garden. I understand the therapeutic value in gardening. Peaceful... Instant gratification....and just an all around relaxing time!

I think that I will keep up this gardening habit!

and now... I am in the market for a good pair of gardening gloves...any suggestions?!