Saturday, November 7, 2009

a thankful birthday girl...



What a wonderful birthday! Birthdays happen to be one of my most favorite days of all time... not only my own birthday... everyone's birthdays... I love what a special day they can be... and for that matter how you can celebrate for weeks surrounding a birthDAY!

My wonderful husband planned such a fun little get together at our home with our new puppy.. Lilly! It was a combo party..Welcome Lilly being the main event... and it happened to be my bday.. November 2! We enjoyed snacks, dinner, drinks and company with some dear friends.









Lilly did such a wonderful job meeting everyone and welcoming them (whcih I was a little concerned about, as we have kept her pretty sheltered for the first week of her life here with us...I thought she might run and hide.. but she was the opposite) She of course, licked each person a few times to welcome them to our home! She snuggled ... and played... with so many new toys and so many new friends and "aunties"! She loves all of her new toys and
apparel!











One of my most favorite parts... is the ice cream cake pictured here. The writing on it is fabulous, right?!

Well, sweet Derek says to me, "If you like the way it looks, I wrote it!, If not, the lady at Maggie Moo's wrote it." Well I of course commented on how nice it looked and he stated, "well then I did it!" I did not believe him. At all. I mean, it was clearly professionally written. However, the next morning I was packing my lunch, Derek was sitting with Lilly while she had breakfast and I opened our pantry to discover two icing canisters... one pink and one white... the same colors as the writing on the ice cream cake! He DID write on the cake.. I am one impressed lady.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Derek!

I can't wait to meet sweet Lilly in JANUARY!!!

katy said...

Hmm, maybe you and I could start a cookie company (obviously we could sell pink pigs) and Derek could do all of the decorating. SO impressive! Happy Birthday to you!! Cant wait to see sweet Lilly!