Monday, November 30, 2009

gym tales

i started my gym giggling today when i received an email from my dear friend miss virginia vines ;) about a lillified work out woman she saw at the gym today... complete in lilly spandex (we aren't sure if they even make those...) and a large pink bow in her hair...

i continued my gym giggling tonight during my workout... so i completed some cardio (on some full body sculpting thing which I would recommend... my achilles tendon is still hurting so no running right now.. womp womp) and I made my way down to the weights and stretching area which is typically filled with ladies around my age... well not tonight... there was one lady and myself.. with a group of about 5 guys ranging from mid to late twenties to mid thirties... it was truly unbelievable the chatter that was happening... i am truly shocked at that amount of information these people share in the gym...

my favorite..

"yeah she's only 24. I'm 33 but she has no idea. we've been dating 5 months"

Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!

"but now I think I'm going to break it off probably tomorrow"

some other dude, "oh what's her name?"

"Andrea"

If I were a really courageous person, I totally would have walked up and said, "Andrea is my best friend. I saw your picture on her desk."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! BBL, I love your response, even if you didn't actually say it. So funny.

katy said...

oh my gosh! i can't believe they said those things either!! Or that the poor girl has no idea! She needs to investigate her dates better...perhaps even Google or Facebook would have turned up a correct age? Honestly people!