Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some goals in life...

...are long term goals... some are short term goals... and some are goals you have dreamed about...


I... am officially running the 2010 Country Music Marathon on April 24 in Nashville, TN! It is something I have dreamed of doing...

When I ran my first half marathon in Nashville, TN I thought, "Thank goodness I am only running the half... but wouldn't it be awesome to run the full?!"

When I ran my second half marathon in Memphis, TN for St. Jude's I thought, "I am freezing (it was 28 degrees when I started the race and 36 degrees when I finished) but I think I could go longer!"

When I ran my third half marathon in Philly I thought, "I'm tired, but I think I really want to run a full!"

When I ran my fourth half marathon in Richmond, VA I thought, "That is a really long time, but I know I could do it. Parts of it won't be fun and parts of it will hurt, but I want to complete a marathon."

Derek and I have been discussing the country music marathon on and off for about a month. He finally said to me, "We talk about this alot. What is it that is holding you back?"

When only the fear of the unknown is holding you back.. GO FOR IT... I know I can do it... I have dreamed of doing... and I cant wait to cross that finish line in Nashville after running 26.2 miles.

What's your dream?

3 comments:

katy said...

Yes you can do it!!! YAY BBL!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for believing in yourself and knowing you can accomplish this! How great to make your dream come true! Love you! mom

Anonymous said...

Yay! This is definitely NOT my dream, but I'm so excited for you to be doing it! GO GO BBL!