Monday, January 11, 2010

These shoes were made for running...




...and that's just what they'll do...

one of these days these shoes are gunna ...

RUN ALL OVER NASHVILLE, TN!










The mizuno wave creation 11 are in full marathon training mode. I adore this shoe... I have been wearing wave creation's since version 7.. clearly, don't mess with a good thing! This version is a bit different than the others, the toe box fits a little wider, which is apparently a great improvement (says my favorite running store, Bryn Mawr Running Co.) I am still getting used to them as it has been about 2 weeks since I purchased them.

Two other fabulous running finds are below... I am a new believer in the Nike Fit products that are compatible with your ipod! It works beautifully with the new 5th generation nano (my dear husband gave me one for christmas.) There is a small chip that you either put in your running shoes (if you wear Nike's) and if you don't, you buy a 5 dollar contraption that connects to your laces and holds the chip in place. It calculates distance, time, calories and will talk to you while running if you like updates! It also makes me giggle... after my run tonight, Lance Armstrong comes on stating, "This is your longest run to date, congratulations!" Yeah, thanks Lance Armstrong, you ride bikes a million miles but you congratulate me on a 6 mile run... I'll take it.

Furthermore, as I ventured out this evening in the 26 degree weather with some crazy wind chill... I was thankful for my nike dry fit ear cover / headband contraption. It looks a bit bizarre but I thought many times during my run, "that was the best 12 dollars I have ever spent." If you are running outside in this weather... you NEED one!

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon Champion

and tonight.... I go to bed with a wind burned face... and bright red wind burned legs... with the hope that tomorrow it might be just a wee bit warmer!

1 comment:

Sam White said...

Run, LML, run!! Love the new gear!!