Thursday, April 29, 2010

I almost cried...I cried... and I smiled with joy.

I almost cried.... when I got off the train late and I was hoping to see Boat Shoes waiting for me by the train. A bit tired from a long day I was looking forward to a ride home from the train (usually I walk). Boat shoes wasn't there. I almost cried (I know its petty). So I called him, "Hi Boat Shoes. Is there any way you could come get me from the train?" "My dear flip flops. You drove your car to the train station today, remember?" "Riiiiight. See you soon."

I cried.... when we were driving along this evening by the cemetary close to our home. Typically, its empty. But not today. There was a young man alone at the cemetary at a clearly recent spot. He had placed a single red rose atop whoever this loved one might be, with his own homemade contraption. the vase has not been placed. It just made us wonder. What is his story? Who did he love? Who does he miss? We all have stories. We all lose loved ones. We all have ones that we miss. Tonight, he is on my heart.

I smiled with joy...when boat shoes and I looked in the mail and facing us was a beautiful wedding invitation. An elegant invitation. An invitation that holds so much joy. Isn't it interesting how much the invitation says about the bride and the groom? It's interesting when paper can replace words. Julie and Peter... We are honored to be at your special day. Julie... I am thrilled to stand by your side as you say, "I do!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, BBL! This made me laugh, then almost cry, then cry (in that order!).