Monday, March 21, 2011

Welcome Daffodils!

The daffodils have arrived! Boat shoes and I have 3 lovely daffodils out front... and 4 on the way!

While out for my daily jaunt with the puppies today, I giggled out loud when I noticed FAKE FLOWERS planted in a flower bed. Seriously?! Seriously?! At first, while bopping along, I thought, WOW, those flowers are so bright and then when I peered a little closer I learned their secret. Fake secret. Have you ever heard of this phenomenon?

When I think about it, today was a day for laughing out loud. I was so excited to go for a long walk and then head to my spin class at the gym. I arrived to my class...an hour and a half late. OOPS. I had the Tuesday schedule in my brain, but its only Monday. So I chuckled and decided I would attempt my own spin class, with myself. It actually went quite well~ I came out red faced like a real spin class. Way to go self.

Finally I will leave you with a yummy new chili recipe! It is quite yummy and simple for a chilly evening~ try with cornbread or some blueberry muffins and fresh fruit for a comfort food evening! (**I made half of the recipe, and its alot! Also, make sure to create this yummy meal on a weekend day so you have enough time for it to cook slowly**)

Chicken enchilada chili

2 cans enchilada sauce
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans diced tomatoes (I used garlic or roasted flavor)
Raw chicken breasts (4 for a full recipe~ also, I know it seems weird to put them in raw, trust me, after a long time in the crock pot it shreds so nicely!)
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
*a dash of cinnamon

Put in crock pot on low and cook 7 to 8 hours. Mmmmmmm good!

1 comment:

Kate Carpenter said...

Haahaaa my grandma does fake flowers!!! But she's 92, so she has an excuse =)