Monday, February 15, 2010

lovely.

 


we had a lovely valentines day.

i happen to love valentines day and everything that is a day of love & pink. we celebrated valentine's day in a few different ways...

1. i went for my long run while derek went to church ~ while running 11.5 miles (in the same place, might I add... UGH to treadmills for 2 hours) i had lots of time to think, people watch, play counting games with people and machines, make up stories about the 6 different people that ran next to me in the time i was on the treadmill, deisgn our running t-shirt in my brain for the race and imagine the finish line at the marathon. all in all a great run. side note: I feel like I am 85 years old today, but with some stretching and a good run tomorrow, i should be back to myself!

2. we continued our home make-over adventures and purchased some fabulous lemon accents from Crate and Barrell for our kitchen. we jumped on mattresses and did the "sleep test" at Raymour & Flannigan (which I would highly recommend) and came up with some new wonderful ideas... (photos and stories to come...)

3. we opened thoughtful little gifts from one another... i will be a happy little runner with lovely painted toes and relaxed feet / legs after my 2 pedicures derek gave me! i heart my valentine.

4. we made a fabulous dinner and served it on our fine china and our beautiful Kate Spade flatware. it was not only beautiful, it was yummy too!

menu:

lemon butter dill salmon

sweet potato mash

fresh steamed brocolli

fresh french baguette dipped in olive oil & balsamic with parmesan

wine chilled by the snow

for dessert~ we attempted to get a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory but we had warm chocolate chip cookies and saved the cheesecake for today! why not continue the valentines day celebration?! the peanut butter fudge ripple cheesecake is divine.


i hope you enjoyed your valentines day too!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sam White said...

What a lovely Valentine's Day! Your meal looks so YUMMY!!

katy said...

you are a running rockstar!! way to go!! especially on a treadmill!