Sunday, February 21, 2010

somtimes your body wins.

today my body won.

i set out to go for a long run... 12.5 miles to be exact.

however, the sun was deceiving, the wind chill was unbearable, my knee was hurting, my nose was stuffy, my belly was hungry, i couldnt get ino a groove and i simply wasnt having fun. it was just not my day for a long run!

So, 12.5 miles became 4.5 miles and some weights & stretching at the gym. back to it tomorrow...


apparently this is "to be expected" when training for a marathon... I just didn't think it would happen to me. It did make me feel a bit better to know that my running buddy went out for a running jaunt and 5 minutes later walked in her house. It wasn't her day either. So 771 miles apart and we experience running "funks" on the same day.

now that is a running partner dedication...

No comments: