Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Introducing Lilly Bean!!!





















What an adventure it has been so far!!!

Lilly's first two days have been packed full of excitement! The first
day was a lot of sniffing and getting used to being held by both of us.
Lilly didn't want to show us she could even move her little legs... she just
sat and cuddled.

Her first night was a quiet night, no whining at all! At one point I heard some
rustling that continued for about 15 minutes. Because I took Monday off and Derek
was working, we made a pact that I would take her out. Well I decided it was time. I
put on my coat, my shoes and went to her crate inviting her out. Well I have since learned that you are not to make a big deal when getting them out of the crate. When I picked her up... I thought I felt a little wetness on my pajama pants leg, and then I felt like my leg was soaked... however, seeing as thought it was about 2 am I thought no this cant be. Until we got outside and under the light I looked down to note that, yes, I was officially covered in Lilly puppy pee. And so began the bond between me and Lilly Bean!

The next day (yesterday) I stayed home with her for lots of cuddle time and getting used to us, her new family, without her brothers and sisters (sigh, tear). We had a wonderful day of cuddling and meeting people! We met a pet "au pair" who was simply wonderful! (I thought they were called dog walkers... not anymore!!) I was out walking with Lilly... carrying her of course (she isnt quite ready for leash walking) when I met this nice woman who has a Cavalier King Charles named Layla!
Lilly met a big black lab named Wix who was so sweet to her, he licked her ears and Lilly was very friendly! We also met a nice neighbor with 3 children... Lilly got to meet 2, 3 year old little boys and a 5 year old little girl... and was SO sweet! She is a cuddle bug!

Lilly has had a few visitors which she has loved! She has played with them and snuggled with them! She loves all of her auntie's (and she loves having lots of them!)

Things we have learned so far...
1. she loves little nooks and crannies and corners...
2. she isnt quite sure what a water bowl is... perhaps the breeder had some other fancy way of feeding her water...
3. she is alarmed by fire engines (they must not have many where she came from in texas)
4. she loves licking hands (not chewing ... just lots of licking... and her tongue is extremely long)
5. she hearts soft toys!
6. she has not figured out treats yet... so if anyone has any suggestions please send them our way!
7. she loves sitting on dry ground when its raining
8. she is extremely smart.. you show her how to climb the stairs outside once, and shes got it!
9. she is afraid of the poofy white dog from next door, just like we are! (not really afraid.. just a little surprised how such a poofy white thing could bark so so much!)
10. she hearts the color pink and wearing one simple little bow.. she is a lady!



2 comments:

katy said...

oh my gosh--she is PRECIOUS!! love the details of your first few days. can't wait to meet her! and how impressive that she's already crate trained??!! WOW! Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to meet that cute Lilly Bean!!! You two are such good parents.