Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Last Lecture

by: Randy Pausch

is one of the most moving, heartwarming, and well written books I have read in a long time. It has some similarities to Tuesdays with Morrie; however, touches a completely different set of topics and connects in a different way...

I would highly suggest this book as a vacation read, Sunday afternoon read, train read or plane read... (but have your tissues ready if you are traveling... I made that mistake on the flight home from Naples...my tissues were nowhere to be found and the lovely gentleman next to me asked if I was ok, and politely offered me kleenex...)

As you are reading... I suggest paying attention to the following lessons... they are my favorites...

3. The Elephant in the room
35. Start by sitting together
36. Look for the best in everybody
41. The Lost art of thank-you notes
44. Show gratitude
46. All you have is what you bring with you
51. No Job is beneath you

"That is what it is. We can't change it. We just have to decide how we'll respond. We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand." -Randy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dad read this book when we were all on vacation on Martha's Vineyard. So many tears on the beach!