Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pink cupcakes and Puppy thoughts

What could be better than eating a hot pink cupcake and thinking about getting a puppy?!

We would LOVE to get a puppy... I, personally, have wanted a puppy since graduate school started so we are going on about 5 years now. I have been patient patient patient; however, every day as I bop around on my running adventures I see more and more puppies and dogs and just get SO excited to have one to join our little family! Currently we are waiting to hear if we can have a lil puppy in this home... so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

Now, for the exciting part... you are probably thinking... what kind of puppy would they get? what would they name her?

let me share...
I would LOVE a big golden retriever to train to run by my side, go on park adventures, play in the ocean etc; however, with a small yard and the fact that Derek has never had a dog... I think we will start with a smaller pup! We are thinking about a cocker spaniel or a king charles spaniel... medium sized, great temperament, love to cuddle and also to play, friendly to children.. really a perfect puppy for us! I have also gotten some great recommendations about breeders for king charles spaniels.... and really they are just precious!

now of course, we would love to adopt a puppy from the humane society; however, the application states that you will not even be considered without a fenced in yard... which I happen to think is a little bit silly. I mean really? We will be perfect puppy parents... even though we don't have a fence!

Will keep you all updated as we patiently await...


3 comments:

katy said...

You can bring it to Richmond for puppy play dates! You should def name her Lilly!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, this is so fun!!! Spaniels are such cute puppies.

Kate said...

yes, friendly to children is a very good trait.