Thursday, August 26, 2010

fall is coming

I am someone who has a hard time with Fall on the way... I LOVE summer with everything in my heart and soul so to think about summer sliding away and fall blowing in makes me a bit sad.

however, my dear friend Virginia Vines LOVES fall and helps me to see all that is wonderful about fall...

So today... if you are not feeling excited about fall... read this little list she started for me... and maybe you too will get excited about what is to come.

-pulling out the bright colored Lilly fleeces
-playing in the fun colored leaves with lilly and murphy and taking adorable pics
-planning halloween costumes
-caramel apple cider from starbucks
-pumpkin!! pumpkin bread if you like it, or if not, just think about decorating pumpkins...2 big ones for you and boat shoes and 2 minis for the pups
-holidays with family
-LILLY SALE!
-birthdays..and even if you're ignoring the actual number of years, birthdays still mean celebrations, cakes and presents
-better weather for boots and Dansko's
-chicken chili

and a few I thought of today...
-scarves
-Murfee scarves from Lilly
-cozy coats
-slipper socks
-the National Christmas tree with my family
-down comforters
-fun running races in shorts and long sleeved shirts WITH thumb holes
-snuggling on the couch
-hot chocolate
-tomato soup and grilled cheese

... the list will continue!

1 comment:

katy said...

LOVE down comforters and snuggling on the couch--preferably with hot chocolate in hand (and maybe a little Bailey's in the hot chocolate??) Yay for Fall? Ohhh--and darker hair color is something for fall :)