Friday, August 27, 2010

worth watching and reading.

Under the Tuscan Sun.



What a wonderful movie. An inspirational movie... with heartfelt moments... heart breaking moments and all together leaves you glad you are watching it... and ready to buy a plane ticket to Tuscany. Boat Shoes and I have traveled through Italy, but never together, hmmmm...


Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom



I thoroughly enjoy Mitch Albom's books. Tuesdays with Morrie is one of my all time favorite books. A dear friend, Jen, and I have discussed these books. She too enjoys them and all of the many lessons. Well, when she visited and brought a lovely pink bag filled to the brim with "happies" as I like to call them... there was a book among the cuteness of Lilly goodies! A lovely little book that I was thrilled to read.

I started it and finished it in 1 day. I handed it to Boat Shoes and said, "It's your turn. I can't wait to discuss it with you when you are done." I look forward to a little "book club" if you will with boat shoes and Jen to chat about this book!

A favorite portion in the book is as follows, "My friends, if we tend to the things that are important in life, if we are right with those we love and behave in line with our faith, our lives will not be cursed with the aching throb of unfulfilled business. Our words will always be sincere, our embraces will be tight. we will never wallow in the agony of I could have, I should have. We can sleep in a storm."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is a book you need to bring to Naples so I can read it too!!! K????

katy said...

Love that quote. So true!!! I strive for my relationships to always be fulfilled, each starting or ending with a tight embrace!! Am thankful for sweet friends!
OK, off to celebrate with a cute 1 year old! xoxo