Wednesday, August 25, 2010

the wednesday movie review

I heart Netflix. I love receiving a new movie in the mail, and I also LOVE the new netflix through the Wii feature. Watching all of these movies instantly transforms movie watching life. It is truly GENIOUS of the Netlfix people! I have definately gotten my 9 dollars worth of movies in the past 4 days!

1. The Cure - an old favorite of mine. two sweet friends ... both with great dedication to one another. It is a tear jerker but overall it such a dear story, it is worth it! I love when the boys are searching for "the cure" through streams and forests... one boys dedication to the other. As he gets sicker, the well child stays by his side. Truly a story of an unending friendship~

2. The Boy in The Striped Pajamas - one of the greatest books I have ever read; it was a challenging and heart wrenching book... and the movie proved to be as well.
Set during World War II, it is a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, an eight-year-old little boy. He is the sone of a commander for a concentration camp. He becomes best friends with a little boy on the "other side of the fence." It is humbling and sweet at times... and at others EXTREMELY tough to watch. This is not a light movie..it is so challenging to watch, I almost turned it off....

3. The Last Song - Ok ok I know... Nicholas Sparks stories are always sad; however, I thought maybe this would be different. What an adorable movie! However, again, it takes a sad turn. I wont give too much information for those of you who haven't seen it. I will say; however, it is a precious love story that I thoroughly enjoyed, but I could have done without the sad twist.

4. James and the Giant Peach - what a goony movie! I only watched part of it, but after having these others on all day I figured why not something light and airy! It was an odd movie... not one that I would watch again, but I do love the book.

Now if only I wanted some popcorn!

However, I am loving these...


and Panera chicken noodle soup with sourdough bread! This is a major improvement from saltines!

1 comment:

Julie said...

We just got the Netflix Wii thing, too! So fun.